Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Six push ups

I am up to six okay push-ups (five pretty decent ones). If I keep this up, I should easily be able to hit 10 in a month. If I stick with it. 

So far the exercising and eating is going pretty well. Friday we took a decent walk at work, at least 20 minutes but maybe more. Then a couple hours later we walked up and down the stairs. I did two at a time for a few flights to give the glutes a good workout. Saturday I cannot remember what I did. Sunday we walked around doing errands. Yesterday, we took about a 20 or so minute walk at lunch. Today was also that long.

I have also been lifting weights. I am shooting for twice a week, though three times would be ideal. I did it twice last week and again tonight. I try to do squats and some type of ab exercises four times a week. I throw in some lunges a couple days. And I am trying to do push-ups five times a week.

I continue to eat less, but I do have seconds most nights (though not as big of portions as I used to). I am definitely eating less at work and eating less sweets in general. I actually turn people down at times when they offer me food. 

The most important thing I am trying to do/remember is that anything is better than nothing. So if I go days without doing something or if a eat a lot, I try not to beat myself up about. I can always right back to it; no need to give up!

My weight was down to 153.5 for two days this weekend, but it was back up to 155.3 the past two days. It is obviously going to be quite difficult to get back down below 150. But some progress is better than none. And I do feel better/notice a difference. 

Now that is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment