Friday, January 3, 2014

It was kind of like walking on the beach!

This morning in the Burgh the windchill was about -6. Yikes. By the time lunchtime rolled around, the real-feel temp was around 0, which I decided would be just fine for a walk.

I had on a long-sleeve t-shirt, a wool sweater, a very thick Pirates coat, leggings, jeans, two pairs of socks, thick men's boots, a Pens winter hat, and a Pittsburgh scarf. I headed over to Phipps and walked rather briskly. I made it from my office in about 15 minutes, and when I walked in, I was sweating! Only my nose and cheeks were cold.

I spent about five minutes walking around the place, before I headed back for the 15-minute return trip. One thing I noticed about parts of the walk was the uneven snow in some places made it tough to walk, and it reminded me of walking on the sand at the beach. So I figured I kind of got in a bonus workout!

My lunchtime walk also meant I got to walk about up the 75 office steps a second time.

Throw in the usual bus-related walking, and all in all, it was a good exercise day.

And, I did pretty well eating today. Much less than I usually do. I did have a small handful of M & Ms, which I completely blame on my coworker who reminded me about my stash. I resisted for awhile, but gave in later. Still, not bad.

Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment