Sunday, January 5, 2014

Progress

This weekend was pretty good eating and exercise-wise. On Saturday, we ran some errands, which meant a little moving. I had a small bowl of mac and cheese, and a couple of bites for seconds, which is less than normal for me.

Saturday afternoon I met a friend for coffee at a bookstore, and even though I normally would have gotten a mocha something or other with whipped cream, for the first time in years, I ordered a hot tea instead. I put a little cream and sugar, but that was a huge deal for me. I also walked almost the entire length of the plaza and back, rather than get in my car to head to another store. Dinner went pretty well also.

Today, we took a hike in the woods, and got about 40 or so minutes of walking in, including quite a few hills. I seem to recall that same hike being easier late this summer/early fall, but that could have had something to do with the snow and mud today as much as it did the shape I am in.

For dinner, although I did not have my usual second bowl of pasta (cheese tortellini in this case), I did have a few additional bites as well as some cheese sticks. All in all, I ate less, even if just a little, than normal.

And before I got ready for bed, I did some lunges, squats, calf raises, and stomach things. I also did almost three push ups. I don't think I will ever get back to the 25 (or maybe it was even 30) I could do in 2001, but I am shooting for 10 in the next few months. 

I am happy to report I weighed 155.5 both this morning and yesterday. I hate that I have to get excited for that number, but it sure beats the 157-157.5 I have been weighing the past few weeks.

Here's hoping I have some more good things to report this week, but with a dangerous cold front coming, I have low expectations. Still, any days I can cut back on eating and/or move a bit are better than days on end of eating a lot/a lot of bad things and sitting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment