Sunday, January 19, 2014

A nightmare's setback

On Thursday night, after a particularly grueling, long work week, I was having a nightmare kind of early on into my sleep (I think it was around 12:15 a.m.). I recall thinking that I needed to be able to get out of my room before the door, which was really like an elevator, closed, as it was between floors and I would be trapped. Apparently, I tried to kick my way out, as when I woke up, my right knee was in quite a bit of pain. I was hoping, in my groggy state, that I might have just been dreaming about the pain. But, alas, when I woke up about six hours later, my knee still really hurt. And Mr. Bear, the little pink bear I have slept with since college, was halfway across the room. Not sure what that was about!

After explaining my limping to coworkers, I realized that I must have kicked really hard, and because I was underneath the covers, I must have twisted my knee. I might even have some broken blood vessels (or they could have been there before). Fortunately, the husband was not in bed at the time, or I am guessing I would have really hurt him.

In any event, this means my exercise has been and will probably continue to be a little limited for a few days. Fortunately, I lifted weights and did a bit of walking and stair climbing on Thursday. But Friday, I pretty much just hobbled up the stairs and back down at work (force of habit) once. I did walk to lunch, but it was slow going. Yesterday, I did a little walking, but only to get from my parked car to a swim meet and back. Today was just a bit of walking with errands.

I think tomorrow (or maybe tonight) I will at least try to do some arm weight. But anything involving my legs and bending is out. Oh, squats, I miss you. And push-ups, I will not miss you (but I did struggle through six this morning).

Hopefully I can get back on track soon. And I also hope I don't have any more crazy dreams like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment