Monday, January 6, 2014

A lot of steps

Let me first start off by saying that when I weighed myself this morning, I was back up 1.5 pounds. But I won't let that discourage me too much. I want to get back in shape and eat better/less as much as I want to lose weight.

It is cold right now. I think hell may have frozen over or it might soon. This morning, I was parked even farther away from the bus, so I had about a four-minute walk. I got off at the closer stop, which meant about three or so minutes. Then it was up the steps to the building and up the 75 steps upstairs.

After lunch, some coworkers and I walked down the 75 steps to the first floor; walked up the over 250 stops to the 9th floor; did some lunges, squats, and wall push ups; walked down the over 250 steps to the first floor; and then back up the 75 steps to our floor. I might have pulled a muscle while doing some of the lunges, but fortunately felt better within an hour (ah, age).

I did not snack at work, which is what I was doing like crazy the last month or so of last year. I had a large portion of tortellini and an apple for lunch. And I did have one piece of dark chocolate during our hall walk. But that was it.

I had my usual walk down to the bus and then back to my car, in real-feel temps of around -10 or so. Then I had a reasonable dinner with just a few bites for seconds. 

I think today was quite successful. My kid, like most others, has no school tomorrow so not sure how much movement I will get. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment