Monday, January 23, 2012

Against the wind but into the sun

According to the weather peeps, today was supposed to be in the 50s, but rainy, so I planned to do my weekly run tomorrow or Wednesday when it was supposed to be sunny, though chillier (between the upper 30s and lower 40s). It certainly did pour this morning, and it was a bit chilly, in the 30s, but fortunately by noon, the rain seemed to leave the skies and the temps started to rise.

So I set out to run around 2 p.m., going my usual route, when the temps were in the upper 40s. As sunny is it was, one could have thought it was 60. In fact with the sun feeling so warm, I decided to skip the sweatshirt/hoodie and wear just a long-sleeved t-shirt with workout pants. Wise choice. I was chilly for only about 30 seconds once or twice the entire run.

As for pain, I felt little, so yeah. I did notice my right knee hurt about halfway into my first mile, but not again after that. The roads were wet, but fortunately, I never slipped.

All in all, it was a good run. Even though the wind on the way down was a bit strong, the sun more than made up for it and left me feeling pretty good.

Mile one:10:12
Mile two: 8:46

Considering the wind, I think I did pretty well time-wise.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment