Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'll take it.

Since yesterday was most likely going to be the only warmish, sunny day we will have all week, I decided to stop making excuses and get out there and run.

As with some recent previous times, the first hill was not awful. Not great, mind you, and I was still left somewhat breathless, but I did it, and I did not think my lungs were going to burst.

As usual, my feet started out hurting a bit, but after about five or so minutes, I had forgotten about them. I am seriously considering contacting customer service at Asics. What have I got to lose, really? For the record, I have tried on about a half dozen running shoes over the past month or so, but nothing seems quite right.

Anyway, to the best of my recollection, I felt little to no pain anywhere else (maybe a slight knee thing for a bit), and I enjoyed the sun and slight breeze, so all in all, a good run.

Mile one: 9:53
Mile two: 8:15

I have been pretty consistent with my times the last few times out, which I consider a good thing. Since I will be 40 in just over a month, I think I am almost ready to give up the dream of doing this run again in under 18 minutes. If I can manage to run once a week, to go along with my swimming and running up and down the steps, that will be great. But I think I can be happy if I can run a couple times a month, considering my track record this year.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment