Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And that makes two

I managed to get a run in today, which means I have fulfilled my "requirement" to run in the Race for Pace this coming Saturday. Still not sure I am going to do it, though. It has been months since I have run three miles, and I am not sure my two-mile timed runs, followed by anywhere from a couple tenths to a half mile of jogging will be adequate preparation.

That notwithstanding, today's run went pretty well.

Mile one: 9:54
Mile two: 8:21

I was pushing pretty hard to try to get that first mile at 10 minutes, which I did. So, yeah, me! But, as usual, I was huffing and puffing. I sometimes wonder how smokers run. I have to think they would be wheezing uncontrollably if I breathe the way I do.

If nothing else, it was nice to get out there an enjoy the good weather. The temps were in the upper 60s, maybe 70, and there was just a little sun. This might have been my last run in 2011 in that kind of weather, which is kind of sad, but I do like to run in 50-degree temps just fine.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment