Thursday, October 20, 2011

I did, in fact, wimp out of the 5k.

When I woke up Saturday morning, at around 7:30, I knew if I jumped in the shower right away, I could make it to the Race for Pace in time for the late registration. But the weather and my aching thighs had a different idea.

When I ran steps on Thursday, although it went well, for some reason, it left my thighs extra sore for a few days. I could not see putting my nearly 40-year-old body through a three-mile run, with hills. On top of that, it was quite windy on Saturday, and the temps were in the mid to upper 40s. I was just not ready to face my November run in the middle of October. So that was that.

As for recent exercise, I swam on Friday, though only about 15 laps, thanks to my soreness. On Monday, the kid and I took an almost 30-minute walk, and then yesterday I ran the steps. Feeling a bit pathetic about wimping out on the race, I decided to push myself on the steps and try to beat my time from last week. Time to complete 20 trips: 16:41. So, yes, I did beat last week's time. And my thighs actually feel pretty good today.

Now if only I could motivate myself to run three miles and actually run in a race. If only...

No comments:

Post a Comment