Friday, October 7, 2011

Not so bad

I managed to get out there and run yesterday. So this means that running the Race for Pace is not out of the question. Good to have something to push for.

But back to the run. When I first started out, I literally felt pain with my first stride. As I typically do when I run, I was contemplating what this post's title should be, and at that point, I am pretty sure they included phrases like "never-ending pain" and "you've got to be kidding me." But once I got past that slight knee pain (or did the side stitch come first? I really cannot remember) and was making my way up the killer hill, I realized I did not feel awful. In fact, I decided right then and there that I was going to make it through the two miles in a decent time. How could I not give it my best shot when the weather was sunny and the temps were in the 60s?

The rest of the run went okay. Some pain, a little bit of difficulty getting up that last hill, but ultimately I finished it and did not feel as if my lungs were going to burst or as if I was in my 40s (which, to review, I am not yet).

Mile one: 10:19
Mile two: 8:18

Not too shabby.

Honestly, I expected my first mile to come in around 10:10, but my second mile was pretty darn good. Now that I look at it, I have to wonder if wrote down the wrong time. I don't think I ever completed my second mile in that amount of time. But let's just assume I did.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment