Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Worst. Run. Ever.

Okay, I have certainly had a lot less successful runs, but today's run, in 80-degree temps and high humidity, was surely the most challenging and unpleasant one I had since I started running again this past fall. I considered walking after a mile, but forced myself to get in just over two miles, as much as it pained me. I started panting about 10 seconds into the run (up the hill, of course) and did not stop my labored breathing until the bitter end.

I ran only one day last week, on Monday, so I am sure the eight-day hiatus from strenuous exercise did not help. But regardless, I just could not help wondering how people in the South, particularly in areas with high humidity, run outside. I felt ill for most of the run, almost as if I were going to be sick.

Because I am disappointed with my results today, I am going to try again tomorrow, breaking my rule of not running on consecutive days. But considering tomorrow is going to be a little hotter than today, I might just end up struggling through running the steps a bunch of times. I really don't want to feel that awful feeling two days in a row.

Is it too much to have July weather in July only?!

No comments:

Post a Comment