Friday, June 4, 2010

End of the season run

Today was my kid's last day of school for the year, which also makes it my last day of running my regular route.   :-(

But I am happy to report I ended the "season" on a high note. I am guessing I ran a little over four miles; since my run took about 40 minutes and I tend to average about a nine-minute mile, that seems about right.

I felt pretty good throughout the run. I don't remember my knee hurting at all, and perhaps my running backwards down a couple of the steeper hills helped. Of course, I was hot and very sweaty with the high humidity again, but I did not feel awful as I did when I ran earlier this week. Could it be that I am getting used to it?!

The timing of my run probably was a factor. I typically run around 2 p.m., or just before, but because today was a half-day for the kids and I was already at school, I began my run at just after 10 a.m., with about two bites of a pop-tart and a generous-sized mocha in my belly. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

I am glad that I had a pretty productive week of exercise, definitely one of my best this entire school. I really think running steps in between regular runs gave me an edge. And as crazy as it sounds (at least to me), my thighs seem toner today than they did earlier this week.

I am such a creature of habit, and now I won't have my running route/routine. I really should have run a 5k race by now. But, alas, I did not, so I just have to hope I can get a run in around my very hilly neighborhood when I can. Maybe I will try the local track. We'll see.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment