Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Maybe it takes weeks.

After yesterday's lackluster run, thanks to the weather, I decided to run up (and jog down) the 65 steps between the upper and lower parking lots near the school. And just like yesterday, it was tough from the get-go.

I decided to run up 10 times before stopping for about 10 or 15 seconds to suck down some water. I made 5 more trips before another brief water break, and then watered myself again after 4 more runs. I managed to run my last set of steps at a pretty good speed, though I was hurting, so incredibly hot. I was partly buoyed by the older gentleman I passed on trip number 19 who said, "That is great for your leg muscles." To which I replied, "Not so much if I have a heart attack."

Afterwards, I walked around for about four or five minutes, as I typically do to cool down after a run. But for the first time in a long time, my legs were actually shaking. Not sure if it was because I really pushed myself, because the heat and humidity were high again, or a combination. I just know it was not a good feeling, and over an hour later, while at the park, I felt kind of crappy.

As I said yesterday, I have no idea how people who live in high humidity/temp areas run outside. I just know my body is pretty far from adjusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment