Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Finally back out there

Just as I suspected would happen, the first week my kid is out of school meant no running for me. I had hopes of running with my brother while visiting him in NC late this week and through the weekend, but time and the ridiculously hot (96 degrees!) weather conspired against us.

Fortunately, I managed to get a run in yesterday. Even better for me, a creature of habit, it was the same running route I normally take, thanks to sending my kid to vacation Bible school at her school. I ran just over two miles, which was less than I would have liked, but I did end the session by running up the 65 steps between lots five times, so I am pretty satisfied. Since it was before noon, it was not as hot as it was when I ran eight days earlier, but the humidity was still up. Up so much that it rained ever so slightly near the end of my run. I would have been happy for something a little stronger/harder.

Glad I was able to get that run in. Not sure when I will run next. I hope soon. I really miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment