Friday, November 25, 2011

Running with my brothers

I cannot tell you the last time I ran with my brothers (one is older and the other is younger, the latter of whom I still refer to as my little brother even though he has about three inches on me). Probably has not even happened this century. In fact, I am not sure we have run together more than once or twice. But late this afternoon, while all of us are my mom's, we decided to take a short, medium-paced run around her neighborhood.

If I remember, I will drive around to see how far we actually ran; I am guessing it was around 1.5 miles, maybe 1.8. The hills were extra tough on me. So much so that for a couple of them I was not running with my brothers but rather running a hundred feet or so behind them. I actually felt as if I were in a 5k.

The temps were in low 50s according to the Indiana Gazette, but it felt more like the upper 40s. By the end of the run, my ears were burning. I'd like to blame my struggles on that, or just the massive amount of food I have consumed in the past couple of days. :-)

Still, I got out there. And I was able to enjoy (more or less) 15 or so minutes with just my brothers, something I so rarely do.

No comments:

Post a Comment