Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The new insoles helped a little

Thanks to Indian summer (wait, is it politically correct to say that?), I ran in 60-degree weather yesterday. I could not bring myself to run in shorts since it is November and all, but it was still nice, and most likely my last 60-degree run until March.

As for the new insoles, they definitely helped. My feet did not have the "walk on clouds" feeling I had when I first put on my Enduro 5s in 2010 or whenever I got them, but I hardly noticed foot pain, so I call it a success.

As for the actual run, I did pretty well. Not my best time as of late, but enough to keep me satisfied and motivated, particular since yesterday marked four weeks until I turn the big 40.

Mile one: 10:00
Mile two: 8:36

After I ran my two miles, I ran around the outside of the gym, which includes about 20-some steps, for about eight or nine minutes, so I got in almost a third mile.

And now, for something I rarely say: I really need to get back in the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment