Saturday, November 5, 2011

A shorter trip up the steps

As pathetic as this sounds, after my four-mile run on Tuesday, I was afraid to run again this week, for fear of it not going so well. On Friday, I instead planned to run up and down the 64ish steps my usual 20 times. Unfortunately, I ended up talking to someone beforehand, so I had only about 13 minutes, which was not enough time for 20 trips.

I ended up running up and down the steps 10 times, for a total time of 8:11. Technically, that is less than half of what it takes me to run up and down 20 times, which makes it sound somewhat impressive. But my guess is had I kept going, it would have taken me over 17 minutes. I am thinking all the Halloween candy is catching up to me.

As an aside, I did replace my original Asics insoles with Dr. Scholl's sports insoles (not sure exactly what they are called). I hardly noticed pain in my left foot, but I was pushing myself, determined to go at a pretty good pace since I was doing only half as many trip. That coupled with my overly sugared body may have been enough to block out pain. The real test will come when I run this week.

As another aside: I will be 40 in 30 days. Here's hoping I can get in at least four more runs before then. And laying off the candy would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment