Monday, November 14, 2011

Running towards 40 at full force

Not wanting to waste an unexpectedly nice afternoon with warm temps (upper 60s!) and partly sunny skies, I  decided to get another Monday run in. I tried to employ mind over matter by telling myself that the first hill is not so bad, and it actually kind of worked. My left foot hurt just a little before the pain soon went away (or else I did not notice it), and I felt as if I had a pretty good groove going.

As I was nearing the top of the hill, I checked my phone and saw that I had been running just over eight minutes, which meant there was a good chance I could complete that first mile in under 10 minutes. When I reached the top of the hill, pretty much gassed, I happily saw that my time was 9:44. The last time I ran that fast was last fall.

I felt pretty pleased with myself, so I tried to keep up a decent pace on the way back, without pushing myself as hard as I did on the way up. I ended up with a total time of 18:33.

Mile one: 9:44
Mile two: 8:49

Today's run marked my seventh out of eight days of exercise. Including in those days were running, walking, and swimming. And eating. But let's just focus on the exercise.

Three more weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment