Thursday, December 1, 2011

The holidays and the weather break my stride.

After my short run on Friday, I did absolutely no exercise for the next couple of days. I was exhausted from lack of sleep and excess of children. On Monday, as much as I just wanted to stay in my PJs and do nothing, I thought better of it and hit the pool.

As I have been trying to do, I mixed it up a bit. This time around, I swam 10 laps, followed by 10 or 11 minutes of jogging in the water, followed by another 10 laps, proceeded by another 10 or 11 minutes of jogging, followed by a final 10 laps and 15 minutes of jogging. I managed to get in some leg and arm water work as well.

I was not feeling it very much; perhaps it was all the food I had consumed over the holidays. My guess is my sugary breakfast did not help. But I got my swimming in, and that is what counts.

Yesterday, I headed back to the pool with the kid, and only got in about 16 laps, though I was swimming around on a noodle with the kid for awhile. I also tread water for a few minutes. I still was not feeling it.

Today, I will either run or take a Zumba class. The cold weather may make the latter more palatable, but my lack of coordination and not wanting to look like an idiot in front of people may tip the scales in the run's favor. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment