Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A better run

Today, after yet another week between runs, I managed to complete my usual two miles in 18 minutes. Best. Time. Ever.

The first mile I completed in 9:46; it has been nice to keep the tougher mile below 10 minutes the past few times. I ran my best second mile, at 8:14. Definitely better than my crappy, stress-induced second mile from last week.

After the two miles, I managed to jog up the hill that is pretty much parallel to the killer first-mile hill, no easy task after having had a pretty good run. Next, I ran back and forth in the flat upper lot a few times, stopped only by the smoke drifting out of the cars of a mail carrier car and a cable guy. I guess that lot must be a good place to take a smoke break. I ended with three runs up and down the 66 (or however many) steps.

All in all, it was a pretty good workout, although I really should be getting a second run in most weeks; I can't even call myself a runner anymore, for the love of Pete. I have been swimming some at least once a week as well as walking or running around with my kid to try to keep in shape, but this blog is not called "Doing Various Exercise Around the Burgh"!

No comments:

Post a Comment