Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Finally two runs in a week

I finally got my butt in gear and ran on Monday and again today. Monday's run was another short one, just over two miles at a decent pace overall. I did manage to pick it up a bit while running through a nearby park on my way back. I appreciated the change of scenery, and my knees and feet appreciated the softer ground. I ended the run by doing three laps around the outside of the school gym, which included running up a bunch of steps (20? 30?), down and around the sidewalk, and along the driveway. It was nice to end the run with that.

Today I had more time, so I ran for over 40 minutes, which was about four miles. I took this run about 25 minutes after eating a not-so-small lunch, so it was a bit more leisurely, at least in the beginning. I felt good overall, though kind of chilly for at least the first mile. The temps were probably in the lower 50s, but sunny, so I ran in a long-sleeved t-shirt. After the first mile, I was glad I did not have another layer. At the end of my run, I decided to walk to the local coffee shop, which is about 15 to 20 minutes round trip.

I most likely will not get a third run in this week; I am happy to have accomplished what I did. But I am going to try to swim and get a 15 to 20 minute walk in.

No comments:

Post a Comment