Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pushing it

Yesterday I completed my usual two miles in about 17:20, which was my Best. Time. Ever.

I actually finished my first, tough, mile at about 9:18, which pretty much blew away my previous best time, at around 9:45. I rounded out my second mile with a time of about 8:02, also my best.

When I was finished those two miles, I ran up the hill parallel to the killer hill (note that this neighboring hill is every bit as awful as my usual first hill). And by run, I really mean jogged slowly as I was almost out of gas. Once I got to the top, I managed to jog for a few minutes before alternating between fast runs (not quite all-out sprints, though once or twice I managed to do just that) and easy jogs. I am guessing I tacked on over a mile with that, based on the 12 minutes it took me.

I am going to try to get in a second run this week; I really want to keep up with my two-a-week runs. But if not, I am planning a couple of swims in there, to stay in shape.

I will be 39 in just over 1.5 weeks. I am planning to roar right into the end of this decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment