Friday, March 19, 2010

Hill avoidance

A couple of days I go, I was beset by a cough, only a day after I made the comment that I had been healthy for such a long time. Figures. This cough presented a dilemma, thanks to the beautiful weather yesterday. But sunshine and wanting to keep alive my two-days-per-week runs won out.

Not wanting my lungs to give out at the beginning of the run, I decided to walk up the killer hill. Turns out, that was a good plan. I still had to contend with a (less daunting) hill at the end of mile one, but I made it through the entire run with nary a cough and lungs still intact. And it was nice, for once, not to be huffing and puffing so soon into my run. For the record, that hill is a challenge even when you briskly walk it.

This afternoon, I plan to take a leisurely walk, including my favorite hill and knowing I got in my runs for the week. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment