Monday, August 10, 2015

Too much time in between runs

Somehow I thought I ran last weekend. I honestly can't recall. But I did run yesterday, and it was tough!

I felt so completely out of shape. I actually ended up doing the first half in about 5:48 (I think!) and then the second half was 6:12 (I might have the numbers reversed). After that, I tacked on another 10 minutes among my street, the field at the end of the street, and the lot at the end of the field, so I probably ran a little more than 2 miles.But it was a struggle to get there.

In the past couple of weeks, because I have slacked off in running, I would sometimes run for a couple minutes at a time during my evening Bailey walks. I probably did this 3-5 times per week. Some days I would manage only one 2-minute fun. During other walks, I would run a few times, anywhere from 1-3 minutes. Unfortunately, I tended not to stretch after those walks, which resulted in soreness the following days.

I think I am giving up the twice-weekly runs; considering I can't seem to run every week, I have to be realistic. And, if I can continue to get in a few bursts of running during some of my Bailey walks each week, I think it will all balance out.

I will say that running in the heat yesterday morning (it was about 74, but the sun was strong) and then later walking around Phipps, and finally helping the hubby cook on the grill and in front of a hot stove resulted in too much time in the heat/sun. It really affected me. I was kind of dizzy/light-headed for most of the evening. I ended up not even going to work today, as I was just not feeling myself. Mostly I was feeling old. :-(

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment