Saturday, August 29, 2015

Four weekends in a row, and I want a medal.

During this morning's run, Bailey was really moving. So much so that I am thinking I ran my fastest to date:

5:39 for the first .6 miles
5:59 for the return .6 miles

As usual, I stopped once while Bailey did her business (well, twice, but I hardly count her not-even-10-second pee break). And once we finished our run, I deposited her waste, dropped her off, gulped some water, and wiped some sweat off, so I got another couple-minute break.

Then I went on to run for another 18+ minutes, this time including another crazy hill. Up until I got to that point, I was mostly jogging; my heart rate was "only" around 160 bpm, I think. But once I ran up the hill, my heart was around 190, so I ended up walking for a minute. All in all, I am guessing I ran about 3 miles. The temps were decent; around 70, I think. Sunny, but not too humid.

Regardless, I am proud of myself of actually running four weekends in a row (and continuing to walk during the week).

I still get some pains here and there. I wish I had remembered to tell my doc about the weird, sharp leg pain I get in my left calf. But the pains don't last long, so I am not too worried.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment