Sunday, August 16, 2015

Check me out running two weeks in a row!

When I woke up yesterday, I decidedly did not want to run. I tried to come up with some excuses, starting with "but I just lifted weights last night and I did three sets," and which moved easily to "it is going to be 90 degrees in a few hours" and ended with "I am pretty sure I had heat exhaustion last week after running, so is it really worth it?!"

But, fortunately, my good self won out, due in no small part to my having to wash my hair that morning anyway. So I got dressed, leashed up the dog, sun-blocked up, and off we went.

There was nothing remarkable about yesterday's run, only that Bailey decided not to drop a pile during the walk, most likely because I did not feed her breakfast and she is used to saving it up for our evening walks.

But I felt decent. Not great. Warm, but not overly. The temps were around 74, I think. I did the first .6 miles in 6:06, and the second .6 in 5:53, and then I got a much-needed reprieve when I dropped the dog off and gulped down some water. I ran for another 12 minutes just around my street, the field, and the lot beyond the field, so I figure I ran for about 3 miles, which was better than last week.

Now I need to talk myself into lifting weights again tonight. Pretty sure I will come up with a few good reasons not to. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment