Sunday, August 23, 2015

Make that three weeks!

Frankly, I am kind of boring myself with all my running details. I think the important thing for me (since pretty much no one comes here) is just to document my exercise. I am extremely forgetful. Had I not blogged about gaining weight last year, I would have not recalled that I was up to one of my highest weights (ignorance is bliss).

Keeping track of these things gives me accountability. It makes me feel guilty, and guilt is a powerful motivator for me.

I can't get down with the latest eating craze (the 21-day fix, shakeology and the like). I just try to eat well most days. I unfortunately add junk on top of my eating well most days. But when things seem to start getting a little out of control, I tend to back off/get better. Hence my working a little harder and eating a little less (most days) after my May weight gain.

I was surprised to see that my weight was down around 151-152 this week. Much, much better than the 157-8 I was lugging around in May. But my weight flucuates so greatly, that I am fairly certain that during this upcoming week, my weight will be back up around 153-4 (hopefully no higher than that). When I was at the doc, she said my weight was fine and I seemed healthy, so there is that.

I have been walking pretty much every day. I missed a Bailey walk Thursday evening, but I walked during the day at work (as I try to do 3 or 4 days per week), and I did walk around the picnic I went to (I ate a lot there as well, so...). Friday I also skipped a Bailey walk, thanks to taking the kid to a friend's house and hanging out there, but I did walk at work, once again. I made up for it Saturday by running in the morning. I ran my 1.2  miles with Bailey and then for another 12 minutes around the field and my street. I also did some errands that afternoon, and I walked Bailey for a short walk that evening. Today there were a few more errands and the typical 1.2 mile walk with the Bai-Boo.

I have been keeping up with lifting weights, though I really don't want to. I typically do it 3 days per week, every other day and then a two-day hiatus in between at some point. I do push-ups most days, but if I forget to do them when I first wake up or I just don't feel like doing them, once Bailey is around me, push-ups are impossible.

So there you have it. I mostly like myself the way I am, because I mostly work at it. There is certainly room for improvement, particularly as far as eating goes, but I want to live a little too.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment