Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Still going

I tend to run after dinner. It typically takes me 30 minutes to clean up after dinner (and, sadly, probably only 7 or 8 minutes to eat dinner), so my food has had a little time to digest. But that is not ideal. Fortunately, traffic was kind to me today, and I made it home just a little after 5:30, which gave me enough time for a short, pre-dinner run.

I did my "usual" run down my street, then down, up, down, and up the hill at the top of the other street. This evening, it took me 6:24 for the first half and 6:24 on the way back. I don't think I have ever done both trips in exactly the same time; I tend to run about 20 or 30 seconds faster coming back, since the killer hill is at the end of the first half. In any event, I ran a little faster than I did last week. And I did not walk the end of the killer hill as much as I wanted to.

After that, I ran for just over 9 minutes up and down my street, so I could come close to hitting 2 miles. In fact, I may have run a little more than 2 miles now that I think about it. My round-trip run is about 1.2 miles, and I did that in just under 13 minutes. But I had to come home, eat, do the dishes, and go vote, so I could not keep going, even though I felt good enough to do so (not including the slight pain in my left hamstring). After all that dinner stuff, I ended up walking with the kid and the dog to vote; it is a short walk there and back. And then we took Bailey on another walk after that.

So all in all, I got in a good bit of exercise, and in really great weather to boot. I will most likely run again this weekend. But I am already starting to think about 5Ks. I have not set an "official" goal of running one, because the reality is that I can tire of this. But it is definitely at the front of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment