Monday, May 25, 2015

Running with and without the dog

Since I started (sort of) running again, I have tried to do it sans dog more often than not. The dog tends to want to stop and sniff, and, more annoying, do her business. Running with a plastic bag of Bailey's waste is not very pleasant.

This morning, however, Bailey actually went to the bathroom in our yard. So, I decided I would take her with me. We ran the usual route, and she stopped to sniff only a few times. Each time I pulled her away, and it was fine. I did the 1.2 mile trip in about 13 minutes, although I did not time it. I was actually kind of glad she was slowing down going up the huge hill at the halfway point.

Since I had not run in six days, I decided to drop her back off at home, and go out again. I repeated the same run I had just been on. My timing was about what it was last week, although since I had just run it, I think that makes my timing an improvement. This time around, I ran 6:20 on the way up and 6:27 on the way back. When I finished that run, I ran for another 6:30 around my street and up and down the field at the end of the street.

So I got in about 3 miles. And I ran for over 30 minutes (with that quick break in between to drop the dog off). It was a little humid; the temps felt warmer than the 65 or so degrees my weather app claimed. This presented a challenge with my prescription sunglasses as they kept sliding down my nose do their heaviness (and my sweat).

My knees hurt a little, but my hamstring hurt less than usual. I will probably next go out Thursday or Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment