Monday, October 1, 2012

Some step improvement

I took it easy again this past weekend. Other than walking around a few stores and chasing my aunt's dog around her living room for a few minutes, that was pretty much it.

Today, after some cleaning (and the way I vacuum and clean my bathtub, that IS a workout), I ran the 64 steps in two sets of 10.

I inadvertently forgot to record/write down precisely how long it took me for the first 10 trips, though I think it was around eight minutes. I do know I was glad I was going sleeveless but wishing I had gone with shorts. I took probably just over a minute to catch my breath and rehydrate before getting my second set in.

When it was all said and done, I ended up completing my 20 trips up and down in 16:17, which was an improvement over the same distance two weeks ago. I felt okay, though a "lap" or two into my second set, I considered stopping at 15. Fortunately, always the competitor (against myself), I did not give in. Not sure if the new Asics helped or hindered.

Within an hour, I was swimming laps at the pool, though my pace resembled someone swimming through honey. Still, I managed to complete 10 laps, swim around with the kid for about 35 minutes or so, and then I ended with three more laps.

Zumba tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment