Tuesday, October 23, 2012

9:59:57

Yesterday, I hit the lap button on my phone as I made it to the top of the hill (well, I came close; I don't quite go to the top, but save myself about a dozen steps) and then immediately hit the stop button as my shoe was untied. Once I took care of that, I hit the resume button and started running down the hill. And that was when I saw that I had completed my first mile in 9:59:57. Which is under 10 minutes.

I don't have a lot to say about my run, which took place under sunny skies and temps in the 60s. My feet did not hurt until after I was done running. Unfortunately, my left knee hurt at the beginning and off and on during the run. No idea why that happened. That is my good knee! I felt winded at the beginning, but when a song I liked came on my mp3 player, that helped to push me.

All in all it was a good run. Mostly because I finished my first mile in under 10 minutes!

Mile one: 9:59
Mile two: 8:18

I really think I can be happy keeping it just above 10 minutes. I truly don't expect to go much below the 10-minute mark. I just want to be happy that I can still keep doing this. Here's hoping I can and will.

No comments:

Post a Comment