Monday, April 2, 2012

A step and a run

I have not been exercising as much as I should be. Since I last wrote, I swam two times, did Zumba twice, and took a short (45 minutes?) hike at Frick Park. I did some running around with the kid at the park, but that is nothing to brag about. Today I was a little more productive.

I walked up and down the 65ish steps three or four times while talking on the phone. Once I ended that call, I ran up and jogged down the steps 10 times. It took me 8:19 to do that, which is respectable. Once I finished that journey, I jogged for about eight minutes on the mostly flat upper lot at school. Then, for the final three or four minutes, I sprinted for about 20 seconds at a time and then jogged slowly in between, for probably 30 or 40 seconds.

I felt okay for most of the running, though I was wishing I had on short sleeves and shorts. At first, as usual, I was thinking it was going to be too much, but since I decided from the get-go I was going to make only 10 trips, it made it easier mentally. As for the sprinting at the end, even that was not so bad. The downside is my heart rate did get up (around 180 bpm) every time I finished a sprint. But I like to think the old ticker is going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment