Thursday, April 12, 2012

I continue to slack off

Having started a part-time, temp job, I have less time than I used to (duh!). As much as I hate to slack off  exercising, I am afraid I have done just that. The week leading up to Easter I managed to swim in addition to the steps I last blogged about. But I am pretty sure that was it.

This week, which is nearly over, has not been any better. At the park on Monday, I ran around with my kid off and on for about 10 to 15 minutes, but that pretty much left me winded. I have no idea why I can run a few miles (not fast of course, but I manage some speed), but yet when I am trying to tag my kid or run away from her, I am so out of breath that I have to take a break after only a minute or two.

Yesterday, we went swimming, where I managed about 18 laps and some arm exercises. Again, nothing to brag about, but at least I was moving. This afternoon I will be Zumba-ing, after not having class last week. Since I work tomorrow, I guess that will be the end of my exercising. Admittedly, since late winter has returned, I am not that disappointed that I have not gone running this week. Getting some exercise is better than none.

No comments:

Post a Comment