Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Not a fan of July in April

Because more than a week had gone by since my last run (thanks to my kid being off school), and because I have been eating a plethora of Easter candy the past few days, I knew I had to brave the 83-degree heat yesterday and get out and run.

It was most difficult. I pretty much panted the entire time. I managed to run my first mile in just a little more than my usual time (which is around 10:30), which made me pretty happy. But the second, normally easy, mile was anything but. I was so whopped by the heat, I struggled to complete the mile in just over 9 minutes. I was so glad when that run was done, I was practically singing. Or I would have been had I had much breath left.

The good thing is thanks to the heat, I did not notice the pain in my knee. Helps to look on the bright side.

I am definitely looking forward to cooling temps. I will take 30 degrees over 80, at least when it comes to running, any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment