Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I might have tired the dog out.

After a walk (just a walk) with Bailey Monday night, I decided to try the running thing, complete with new shoes. We started off walking (which is mostly Bailey dragging me). After about 8 to 10 minutes, I tried running. With Bailey, this is not my usual jog; we were moving. I felt good the first few minutes. The huge hill after that was tortuous (for me mostly), but we got through it. Fortunately, the downhill helped me catch my breath, and things were going well.

Unfortunately, after only 6 minutes, Bailey decided she needed to take a BM break. Not only did that break my stride, but I had to bag it then carry it for the rest of my run. Lovely. 

I ran for another few minutes, and then I dropped the bag off at the house. After a few more minutes of running on our street, Bailey seemed pretty worn out. So I dropped her off at house, made sure she drank water, and I went back out for another 5 or so minutes. Then I walked for a few. 

I felt pretty good after, although I am not sure if it is good that Bailey pushed me. It certainly is a hindrance when the dog stops to relieve herself. Breaking up the running as I did, did not seem ideal, but considering I am no longer in my 30s and not in tip-top shape, maybe that is just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment