Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My legs felt like jelly

Yesterday, not feeling like running, I decided to run the 64/65 steps at my kid's school. It had been awhile since I had run those steps (probably since the fall when I last did my "usual" 20 trips). That layoff, coupled with my less-than-stellar-running times as of late, led me to think I would probably not get what I consider a good time. In fact, as I was making my first few trips, I was telling myself that in the long run, I needed to decide if I should be more concerned about timing and perhaps not making as many trips, or if I cared more about getting the "laps," for the sake of distance.

Throughout the run/jog, I felt pretty good. I was out of breath a few times, when I started pushing myself more. And I was breathing heavy pretty much the entire time, but I don't recall my knees or feet hurting at all, so that was good. I did, however, have a (left) side stitch for a bit, but I was able to work through it.

When I had finished my 20 trips, I had clocked in at 16:28, which I am pretty sure is my best time ever.

I have no idea how that can be, considering how my running times have gone in the wrong direction. But I will take it and be proud. In full disclosure, I did stop for about 10 seconds to get a drink, but still good.

I'd like to think I will get a run in on Wednesday or Thursday, but we'll have to see about the weather, which, by the way, was in the upper 50s and partly sunny and a little bit windy yesterday. The next few days are not forecast to be as warm (or if they are that warm, then not sunny).

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment