Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm running on sunshine!

I ran yesterday, a day that was mostly sunny and about 50 degrees. According to the (rarely correct) weather forecast, it was supposed to be around 40-some degrees during my run, but the temps were happily almost 10 degrees higher than that. I ran in a long-sleeve t-shirt and a jacket slightly thicker than a windbreaker, and I was kind of warm on the way back. Yeah, sun! Yeah, temps that are quite a bit above freezing!

My times were almost identical to what I did last week. Right about 10:10 for the mile up and around 8:30 for the mile back. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the first hill was tough, but I felt pretty good coming back, and I was practically sprinting (which is why it was a little surprising that my second mile was not quicker, although I accidentally exited out of my stopwatch, so I am going by memory).

A few hours after the run and a couple of errands later, I went swimming, managing about 15 laps. So I definitely had a good workout day. Since I did nothing on Monday or Tuesday, I felt as if I need to do a little more. On Sunday, though, I did swim about 25 laps, my most ever. And I actually swam 12 consecutive laps, followed by another 8 after a short break. Yeah, stamina!

No comments:

Post a Comment