Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Finally back in the game

The Burgh saw quite a bit of snow from early to mid February. Fortunately, I got a run in the day before the clouds opened up and dumped almost two feet of snow on the area. Thanks to school cancellations and roads that still remained icy and snow-covered, I was unable to run for two weeks. But yesterday, I got back on the horse.

I managed to run a little over 1.5 miles; I was feeling pretty out of shape the first few minutes, so I did not run the entire length of the street, which is one mile, as I like to. I probably ran over a 10-minute mile (I kind of screwed up the stopwatch feature on my phone, so not completely sure), but considering my layoff, I was fairly satisfied.

My last half mile was punctuated by a steady rain, so not exactly ideal conditions, but what can you do. Be glad that the snow is melting and I can see pavement, which means I can run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment