Friday, December 18, 2009

Shorts in this weather?

Yesterday I ran in sub-freezing weather. I was debating if I could handle the temps, but I really wanted to get in one run in this week, and since the sun was shining, I figured that would help.

On my way to school (where I run from), I saw a girl running in shorts. It was about 28 degrees! I just don't get it. She appeared to be thin, so I can't imagine there was too much fat keeping her legs warm. I, on the other hand, ran with a long-sleeved athletic shirt, a workout jacket, and a thick hoodie, along with lined workout pants. On the way up, that was the right amount of clothing, though I was sorely missing gloves. But, as before, I was a little warm running back. Not so warm that I was ready to shed any clothes, however.

I definitely ran slower this time; I had forgotten how cold slows me down. But, once again, I made it. And, just as when I ran last week, I am happy to say, I felt no pain until I was more than halfway into my run. Even then, I had a slight ankle annoyance, but nothing that stopped me.

I have pretty much decided that unless the sun is shining, below 32 degrees is too cold for my body (lungs, specifically) to handle. Here's hoping the Burgh sees some sunshine over the next couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment