Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Some new pains

During today's run, I am happy to say that my left hamstring hurt less than usual. My right knee may have also hurt less or about the same. Unfortunately, I noticed some shin pain in my right leg, which fortunately was not too awful. My feet were also bothering me a bit, which I found surprising. I think I have worn these shoes no more than a dozen times, probably less. About 2/3 of those runs were about 3 miles, but a few were only 1 or 2 miles. I do tend to walk a bit, but regardless, at most, I have run about 36 miles in these shoes. No idea what that is about.

Anyway, tonight's run started off with Bailey, who was really moving. So much so, that we did the 1.2 mile trip in just under 12 minutes. I think the trip up was just under 6 minutes, and the trip back, which I actually timed, was 5:45, a new record. It helped that Bailey did not stop to relieve herself.

I dropped her off after that run, gulped some water, and I went back out. The 3-minute break helped. Eating just one burrito (which is still hardly a snack), instead of my usual seconds, helped as well, although I did notice my dinner more during my second run. And temps in the upper 60s/low 70s with little humidity and no sun, also great. In any event, for the repeated trip, I did the first half in 6:24, and the second half in 6:21.

Then I ran more leisurely, other than a couple of faster bits, for the next 8 minutes.

I feel pretty good. My heart rate still gets up there (to the max up the hills), but I can recover fairly quickly.

I will just keep swimming. Keep swimming. Keep swimming.


No comments:

Post a Comment