Sunday, October 5, 2014

Getting ready for the Race for Pace

The Race for Pace is now less than two weeks away. I have been running once a week for the past month (I think!). When I ran a week ago, I timed myself at various points along the run, but I was not sure how far each point was, so that was kind of pointless. Well, I know the distance from my house to one point and back is about 1.4 miles. But I had timed myself from my house to that point and then back to my street (not quite to my house), and I kept going. I did that in 12 minutes. Which meant that I ran about 1.2 to 1.3 miles in 12 minutes. So not bad.

Yesterday, while at my mom's, I ran a route around her neighborhood and into a nearby one. I stopped my timer when I got back to her house, at just over 21:29 seconds. I ran around her cul-de-sac for another 10 minutes. Early that afternoon, I decided to drive the distance. It turns out I ran 2.1 miles. So I ran just over a 10:30 mile. Even better than last week. And, did I mention that it was about 45 degrees?!

Knowing that, a big part of me really wants to do the 5k in 33 minutes. If I am being really honest, I want to do it in just over 31 minutes. But not likely.

We will just have to wait and see.

Oh, and I have decided to go as the Flash. Sort of. I bought a red shirt, and I will put a lightening bolt on it. Should be fun/interesting. And ironic, because I am so not the Flash when it comes to running.

No comments:

Post a Comment