Monday, March 4, 2013

I might be ready for the swim team.

Saturday afternoon, the kid read a a book while I swam. For one hour straight, not including her telling me her name was in the book she was reading, which interrupted me for about 10 seconds or her telling me her stomach hurt, which interrupted me for about 40 more seconds (apparently it was not that bad) a few minutes later.

I don't know exactly how many laps I did, somewhere between 45 and just under 60, I would guess. I was going at a pretty good pace for most of it. But for once it was not about quantity and keeping track of laps. I just knew I wanted to swim for an hour if possible. And it was.

I am certain I could have swum for longer, at least another 15 to 20 minutes. In fact, when I was done swimming, I did some leg and arm exercises as well as a little jogging. Still I find it amazing that kids on the swim team often swim for two hours at a time. When I went back to the pool the next day, I did not have it in me to swim too many laps. Instead I jogged, tread water, raced my kid a few times, and just moved around the pool before ending with a couple of laps. I was definitely tired from the day before.

Not sure when I will do that again. But it is nice to know that I can do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment