Monday, March 18, 2013

Doing okay

This week, I missed Zumba thanks to a funeral luncheon. I followed that up by missing my usual Wednesday afternoon swim because I wanted to see who was chosen as pope, live. So Thursday morning, even though I was not feeling it, I dragged myself to the pool for a good swim.

I swam for an hour straight, with no interruptions. I recently read that one can burn over 500 calories by swimming for an hour. It seems to be that one (I) should burn so much more than that. Anyway, I also did some water treading as well as some leg and arm exercises. All in all, a good workout.

Friday I did only a few laps, but I did manage to tread water for 15 minutes and then jog in the deep end (using a noodle) also for about 10 to 15 minutes. I also played with the kid to get in a good workout.

Yesterday we headed back to the pool, where I swam 20 laps and did some water treading, playing with the kid, and a few arm exercises.

I had high hopes to run today, but the weather is so crappy--freezing rain this morning and just rain now, though at 33 degrees, it is quite chilly.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment