Monday, September 17, 2012

A walk, some steps, and a swim

When I last blogged, I lamented how I was not doing as much physical activity as I wanted. I swam on Friday, which included about an hour of treading water, but then did nothing on Saturday or Sunday. So today I was determined to make up for my inactivity.

Late this morning, I met some friends downtown for lunch. I parked at the Second Avenue Garage and made the trek to Market Square. I am not sure how far I walked, but I kept a pretty brisk pace there and back, despite my impractical sandals. It ended up taking me about 25 minutes round trip, plus the steps up and down to my car. Not bad (but let's not talk about the Chipotle lunch I had while in Market Square).

Then I headed to school and for the 63 or 64 steps. For some reason, I made better time the first 10 trips, and I was delighted I did not fall ill, as I was only about 1.25 hours removed from eating. I took a two-minute break to catch my breath and gulp some water, and then I ran up and down another 10 times.

First 10 steps: 8:15
Second 10 steps: 8:35

Once again my heart rate was up around 180 bpm when I was done, but I walked around a bit after and felt fine within a few minutes.

Within an hour, I was in the pool, and I ended up swimming 15 laps, plus general moving and splashing around. It was definitely slow going, but I was glad I did it as well as a few arms exercises.

All in all, a great day exercising. But let's also not talk about my dinner either...

No comments:

Post a Comment