Thursday, March 8, 2012

Going the distance

I ran about four miles yesterday. Yeah, me! I understand that most runners would be unimpressed by that, but considering how often (or infrequently) I run, I think running four miles is pretty darn good.

It was a beautiful, sunny day, in the mid 60s. For that reason, I decided that I wanted to do a long run. Probably about eight minutes into the run, I was wishing I had short sleeves, so up my sleeves went for the remainder. For some reason my legs, covered in yoga-like pants were fine, despite their being insulated with more fat and muscle.

I did not push myself, as I was going for distance, not time, and I am not really sure how far I went. I decided after I ran my first usual mile, I would make a right and go up the Pike for about 10 minutes, which would leave me 10 minutes to get back. I made it back in less time, because there were more down hills. Then, about halfway through my final (usual) mile, I cut down a sidewalk and ran through a park, down that street and then up another steep one to get back onto the usual street.

As for pain, I noticed the top of my right thigh hurting for a bit. My left knee also hurt at the beginning, which made me panic, as I had somehow forgotten that my left knee has been hurting the previous two days. Luckily, it mostly subsided. My feet hurt off and on, but nothing major.

I did Zumba today, and I found it much more difficult to do it high impact, but I kept up. Tomorrow I will probably swim. A pretty good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment