Monday, September 12, 2011

Another tough run

After not running for two weeks, I was not expecting to improve my time from two week ago. But I was not necessarily planning on it being worse either.

Today's run seemed even more difficult than two weeks ago. I felt winded for most of it, which I assumed was because I was really pushing myself and going faster than previously. I figured I was going to hit the top of the hill at 10 minutes, so I was surprised to see about 10:25 on my phone stopwatch. Since I was so disappointed, I pushed myself even harder on the way back, wondering if my age or less-than-great eating habits were catching up to me.

Unfortunately, I am not sure how fast my second mile was. I cannot find the scrap of paper I wrote my time on, although I do recall finishing my run at just about a new minute; I am just not sure if my final time was about 19:00 or 20:00. Considering how fast I thought I was going, I am fairly certain I had to do that second mile in under nine minutes, so let's go with that and call the second mile a good job.

I still hate my shoes, and I am still disappointed that I have apparently lost a step. But what can you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment