Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Now that's more like it

I went for another two-mile run yesterday (Monday). I cannot tell you the last time that I went running two times in a four-day period. My guess is September or October of last year. Regardless, I am happy to report that this run went so much better. It is almost hard to fathom after Friday's craptastic run. Plus I was definitely getting some wind resistance during the first mile. In fact, as the wind was slowing me down, I wondered how often I had contended with wind in the past year and a half and how much it affected my times. I guess I will just have to keep wondering (and maybe wandering).

Anyway, here are my stats.

Mile one: 9:53
Mile two: 8:30

Total run time: 18:23

I cannot explain how I achieved my best time since last fall, when I was much more active. I do know that I was really pushing myself up the killer hill, partly because there were some road workers, and I did not want them to think I was too wimpy for that hill, and partly because my crappy run last week made me feel out of shape. I had to have a better run yesterday.

Now please excuse me while I pat myself on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment