Thursday, July 22, 2010

A 7 a.m. run

For the first time in about forever, I ran at just after 7 a.m. I was playing airport taxi this morning, and I could not see myself going back to bed at around 7 a.m. when I got home. Plus, most importantly, I was way overdue for a run.

I ran the same route I did almost three weeks, but it went decidedly better this time. I finished the about 2.6 mile run in just under 28 minutes, which was a little faster than I did last time, and I felt better overall. In fact, I started out at pretty nice pace, unlike how I ran right out of the gate last time. And I did not have to walk at the end, even though I was hating that uphill ending. It was also less humid, and it was probably just under 70 degrees, which are pretty good conditions for a late July run.

I still am unsure when I will run that elusive 5k. I have a couple in mind, one in August and one in September, but I am not sure that I have trained enough for either. But if I can step it up a bit, I may be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment