Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 2 of new shoes

I took the new shoes for a spin last Thursday. The first few strides were like walking on clouds. Ah. So amazing that I am pretty sure I was actually smiling up the hill. Unfortunately, the next gazillion steps I took were rather painful. In retrospect, I probably should not have done a three-mile run my first time out in new shoes. But looking on the bright side, the pain in my feet pretty much eclipsed the usual pain in my knees, so there is that!

Fortunately, today's run was better. My feet hardly hurt at all, and my knees were relatively pain-free. Of course, I was more focused on my usual struggles on the hills and the sun beating down my face. But I did manage another three-mile run, so yeah me!

I really need to run a 5k soon. I am quite sure I won't be able to handle the summer heat, so my running days are probably numbered. Plus, I am such a creature of habit that I don't know if I will be able to run anywhere else other than the streets by my kid's school, which will be letting out for the year in exactly one month.

Better get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment