Sunday, May 29, 2016

Back in the game

After many months, I finally got in a good run. 

Since the winter, I had stopped running. Over the past couple of months, however, I would run for a couple of minutes at a time once or twice during my walks with Bailey. Most days I just fast-walked with Bailey. But on days I had extra energy or when it seemed like Bailey just wanted to run, I figured I might as well move a little. Fortunately, it was enough to keep me in decent running shape.

The temps and the humidity had gotten high the last week. Finally, this afternoon, a storm came through, and the temps went down in the lower 70s. It was great. So off B and I went. It was uneventful. We stopped briefly twice so she could do her business. We did 2 miles (our long weekend route). And then I dropped her off and ran one more mile. I felt pretty good, other than a little bit of ankle pain, which I had been having during some walks.

With summer upon us, I doubt I will go back to regular running, but it's good to know I can still do it, especially after a 2.5 mile walk this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment